Employment First – Other States
- CA Legislation (passed): Text of AB 287, California’s legislation on Employment First, signed into law in October 2009, establishing Employment First Committee, and calling for the establishment of an Employment First Policy.
- CA Legislation (Proposed)
- CT Employment First Policy – Employment First Policy issued by Connecticut Department of Developmental Services in April 2011.
- CT Policy Regarding Employment as Priority – Companion to April 2011 Employment First policy regarding implementation steps in individual planning process.
- CT Employment First Update
- Delaware Legislation (passed): Text of House Bill 319, Delaware’s legislation on Employment First, signed into law in July 2012
- Delaware Employment First Statement – Statement from Delaware Division of Developmental Disabilities Services on Employment First.
- Delaware DDDS Newsletter – Newsletter from Delaware DDDS with further details on Employment First .
- Developmental Disabilities Council Employment First Statement – Statement from Florida DD Council in support of Employment First
- Employment First Georgia
- GA DD Council Statement – Statement issued in 2010 by Georgia Developmental Disabilities Council calling for an Employment First policy in the state.
- Illinois Employment First Initiative
- Illinois Employment First Initiative Additional Details
- Illinois Employment First Legislation (proposed): HB 2591 Illinois Employment First Act, introduced in 2013.
- Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Report from the Employment First Summit – Report from January 2012 IL Employment First Summit
- IN Employment First Fact Sheet – Fact sheet summarizing 2005 Indiana Employment First Summit
- Iowa Employment First Initiative – Increasing Employment for People with Disabilities
- Kansas Employment First Legislation (passed) – Text of Kansas House Bill 2336 that establishes a statewide policy of employment first for all people with disabilities. This bill was signed into law in May 2011.
- Kansas Commission on Disability Concerns – Website with information on Employment First efforts in Kansas
- Kansas Employment First Initiative Work – Initial Report (May 2009)
- Kansas Employment Systems Change Coalition
- Kansas Employment First Oversight Commission
- Employment First Policy – July 2011 Employment First policy statement from the Louisiana Office of Citizens with Developmental Disabilities
- Maryland Employment First
- Employment First Overview – Overview of Maryland’s Development Disabilities Administration Employment First initiative
- Employment First in Maryland 3.0
- Employment First Maine
ME Employment Policy – 2010 Maine Department of Health and Human Services Employment Policy, indicating that all individuals are presumed able and have the opportunity to work
- MA Employment First Policy – 2010 policy issuance from Massachusetts Department of Developmental Disability Services
- Employment Works! Policy – June 2011 Bureau of Community Mental Health Services
- Legislation (proposed): Proposed legislation regarding implementation of an Employment First policy
- NY OPWDD – Statewide Comprehensive Plan – 2010-2014 – October 2010 report indicating that “OPWDD is promoting Employment First as a preferred outcome for all people with developmental disabilities”
- NY OPWDD 2011 Interim Report on State Plan – February 2011 interim report on 2010-2014 OPWDD Statewide Comprehensive Plan, that includes summary of efforts on Employment First (pp. 6-7)
- NY OPWDD – Road to Reform Report – (Download the PDF)
- NC Employment First
- NC AFP Position Paper – February 2012 Position paper from the North Carolina Alliance for Full Participation Paper on Employment First
- North Carolina Governor Cooper Signs Executive Order to Increase Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities
- ND Legislation (passed): Legislation signed into law in April 2013, establishing a Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities, for furthering the goal of employment as the first option for people with disabilities.
- OKDDSD Employment Policy – Oklahoma Developmental Disabilities Services employment policy, stating that the optimal goal of waiver services is full-time employment in the community.
- PA OMR Employment Policy – 2005 policy document from Pennsylvania Department of Public welfare on supporting community employment for individuals living in Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Mental Retardation, indicating community employment as a priority without regard to level of disability.
- Annual Report on Employment Outcomes for Fiscal Year (FY) 2005-2006, a FY 2006-2007 Action Plan for Employment, and related information.
- Rhode Island Employment First Policy
- Rules and Regulations for the Licensing of Developmental Disability Organizations
- 1115 Waiver Task Force / Employment Workgroup Recommendations Paper – 2009
- TN DIDD Employment First Website
- TN Employment First Overview – Publication from the Institute for Community Inclusion providing an overview of Tennessee’s Employment First policy
- ARC of TN Statement – Statement from ARC of Tennessee in support of Employment First
- Legislation (Proposed): Text of Texas House Bill 785, introduced in 2009, requiring that employment services be structured to ensure employment of people with disabilities in integrated settings.
- Legislation (Passed): Text of Utah House Bill, that requires that employment be the first priority for individuals with disabilities receiving publicly funded supports. Bill was signed into law in March 2011.
- DOJ Settlement Agreement Mandating Employment First Policy
- VA DBHDS Strategic Plan for Employment First
- VA DBHDS Individual and Family Support Program (IFSP)
- WI APSE – A variety of materials on Wisconsin’s Employment First efforts are posted on the Wisconsin APSE website, including; a) Employment First Mission and Values Statement; b) Employment First Booklet; c) Moving Employment First Forward in Wisconsin; d) Employment First 2009 Summary; e) Employment First Update 2012
- Sign-On Agreement for Wisconsin Employment First Coalition – Agreement for organizations and individuals for signing on in support of Employment First
- WI Managed Care and Employment Task Force Final Report